Android Auto Crashes every 10-15 minutes

Zap_Rowsdower

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Just did a system reset. Been meaning to for awhile anyway. And now the damned thing won't even connect at all. Oy.

:edit: Scratch that, updated Google Music, which then updated Play Services. Connects fine and works. Won't be able to properly test it until tomorrow, though.

Last edited:

Zap_Rowsdower

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so, I installed nothing that wasn't required for Android Auto. This morning, it connected just fine and I did probably 3+ hours of navigation through Android Auto without problem.

Then, I installed the BeyondPod beta and, sure enough, crashed about 15 minutes later. I then uninstalled BeyondPod, went back to navigation again, and it crashed again after about 15 minutes!

So, I'm resetting again, and am going to try installing Spotify but no BeyondPod. We'll see what happens after that.

biotron2000

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I can see it being BeyondPod, as it integrates itself with AA. And whatever it changes during its installation obviously is not reversed by uninstalling it.

Zap_Rowsdower

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Well, damnit. Today didn't go according to plan.

Added Spotify, went for a long drive today. Spotify probably played for 90 minutes with no issue, and I thought I was home free. Then, I was using hte 8100's built-in nav and went to go back to Android Auto and found that it had crashed. I closed it out on my phone, started up Spotify again through Android Auto, and it crashed again 10 minutes later. BAH.

Didn't get to try it a third time, but I have a bad feeling that it's back to square one.

biotron2000

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking of another factory reset without anything at all added that would tie into AA. Thanks for sharing the news of your experiment.

Zap_Rowsdower

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Well, ****. Back to square one. Phone is crashing like it ever did. Very strange how it worked in Spotify for hours after this last system reset but, once it crashed that first time, it's now crashing every few minutes like it ever did.

Updated my wife's version of Spotify on her GS6 to the latest and it plays in Android Auto just fine. No crashes.

The only other thing I can possibly think of is that there's something on my SD card causing issues, but since you don't even have an SD slot on your phone I highly doubt that's it.

Yet again, at a complete loss.

biotron2000

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if replacing the phone would help. I don't want to go to that extreme if I don't have to, but I don't know what else to try, either.

biotron2000

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Okay, I tried the last thing I could think of. I uninstalled BeyondPod and its unlocker program, THEN reset to factory. It survived two commutes to work so far! It usually crashed way before then, and it's only a 15 minute drive. Also, I installed PocketCasts, not knowing it integrated with AA, and it seems to be working!

biotron2000

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Well, it just locked up on me. Right after I rolled over a bump. I'm going to replace the USB cord that came with it with one from Monoprice that is supposed to have a tighter connection and see if that helps.