Android Auto - Google Maps Doesn't Work Unless Over WiFi

ElinorP

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I have Android Auto on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. When I connect to my car (which only sometimes works...) Google Maps won't show any search results if I'm using data. It only seems to work when my phone is connected to a WiFi network. When it doesn't work on AA I disconnect my phone and my data is working perfectly. Can someone please help me understand why it won't work with AA? Thanks!

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I have Android Auto on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. When I connect to my car (which only sometimes works...) Google Maps won't show any search results if I'm using data. It only seems to work when my phone is connected to a WiFi network. When it doesn't work on AA I disconnect my phone and my data is working perfectly. Can someone please help me understand why it won't work with AA? Thanks!
Is this fkr the voice search? Does it tell you "limited data access"?

ElinorP

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Is this fkr the voice search? Does it tell you "limited data access"?

No it just won't load any search results at all. And when I go to "Recent Places" it says "Can't connect to Google".

If I start a route when I'm on WiFi and then start driving, it's not able to do anything (ex. Cant re-route) if I don't follow the route exaxtly

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Welcome to Android Central!

Did you figure out what the issue was?