Forums App Latest Update Crashes It

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
As you're probably aware the latest update to the Forums app is inaccessible (at least for some users): message pops up about a tapatalk plug in then kicks you out. Any idea when this might be fixed? Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know that they ARE aware. Your post is the only one I find. Of course I have this issue too.

Updated and it won't let me in. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.

Oh well, guess I have to do work today instead of reading the forums on my phone. :-(

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
In the meantime... I think I found a fix. First, what I think is going on. That message is about a borked XML that it is trying to load and can't.

But if you launch a direct link into a post in the AC Forum app (say from email, or Hangouts, etc), it will launch the app and load the thread. At that point you can use the app again. One thing I did notice was that the "Portal" page appears to be messed up. Perhaps this page is the root cause of the XML not loading (who knows, I don't dev/test the app at all).

But... any subsequent launch of the AC Forums app will work. The Portal page spins, but you can get to the other sections (Subscribed, etc.)

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
YEY!!!.... it works! Thanks. This pop up appears after logging in as well....

Attachments

• 1442415617179.jpg
    1442415617179.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 13

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It takes awhile to log in with Tapatalk (old version) and I still get the message but eventually it does log in now. It was the same yesterday but last night all the apps were crashing. I didn't try the direct link method.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member