Turn Off Email Notifications

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
How do I turn off getting an email for every post in a thread I am subscribed to and/or participate in?

I went to the desktop app, set it for 1x day email, saved it, loaded forums app back up, signed out, closed it in recent apps, then opened it and signed back on. I am still getting individual emails. There has to be a way....

BBIronMan

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
1) When you goto the forums.androidcentral.com site - to the right of your avatar (upper left) you'll see a 'Settings' drop-down. Select 'General' and then change 'Default Thread Subscription Mode'

2) Then you also goto the 'subscribed threads' link below that drop-down and unsubscribe from the existing ones.

Cheers

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
1) When you goto the forums.androidcentral.com site - to the right of your avatar (upper left) you'll see a 'Settings' drop-down. Select 'General' and then change 'Default Thread Subscription Mode'

2) Then you also goto the 'subscribed threads' link below that drop-down and unsubscribe from the existing ones.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply. I had already done #1 which is why I was baffled.

It didn't change any of the current subscriptions, just any from that point on.

Having said that, I shouldn't have to do #2 and unsubscribe from anything to stop the notifications. I finally found the location that should do it.. I hope.

It is in the 'follow/unfollow' link. I got there from a notification email, but it is also available from the subscribed list. I am still subscribed to the same forums, but unchecking the 'email' option, then 'notification' boxes by each thread should do it.

https://www.androidcentral.com/follow/?_ga=1.180213613.83755834.1473470871

Fingers crossed.... That was too hidden, I've never had trouble managing subscriptions on a forum before.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez