Fav. PC/Mac Twitter Client

chdtpn

Apr 7, 2010
www.chaad.net
What is your favorite PC or Mac Twitter client? Why do you refer that one over all of the others?

My favorite is Tweetie (Mac). I've tried Echofon, Tweetdeck, Twitterific and a number of others and Tweetie is clean, simple and very easy to use and manager all accounts at once.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Ohh my lol. I used Tweetdeck for about a week before I found Tweetie. I thought I wouldn't find a better one but Tweetie is much less crowded and a lot easier for me to switch between accounst without scrolling side to side lol.

Not a fan of Tweetie. Too simple.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I won't use anything based on Adobe Air - I don't trust its security, based on all of the security issues with Adobe Reader and the Flash plugin - so I won't use anything like Twwetdeck.

I use Echofon on the Mac - I like it more that Tweetie, but I'd love to see what Tweetie 2 will bring. If I use Windows, I use Seesmic.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I won't use anything based on Adobe Air - I don't trust its security, based on all of the security issues with Adobe Reader and the Flash plugin - so I won't use anything like Twwetdeck.

I use Echofon on the Mac - I like it more that Tweetie, but I'd love to see what Tweetie 2 will bring. If I use Windows, I use Seesmic.

Tweetie has been scrapped. Twitter has purchased it. Not sure if there are plans to bring it to macs at all anymore.

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Chromed Bird extension on the Google Chrome browser (PC and Linux Box) and it does a nice job of keeping things from being too cluttered and giving a nice little notification icon. I was using Tweet Deck prior, but AIR stuff seems to be hit or miss when I use it and kinda clunky.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if Twitter brings what would have been Tweetie 2 to the Mac as the official Mac Twitter client. They are already committed to the iPhone and iPad client, and Atebits was working on the Mac client update. They certainly haven't said that they are dropping the effort, that I have seen.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if Twitter brings what would have been Tweetie 2 to the Mac as the official Mac Twitter client. They are already committed to the iPhone and iPad client, and Atebits was working on the Mac client update. They certainly haven't said that they are dropping the effort, that I have seen.

I think they feel their web interface is all they need with the exception of mobile solutions. That's just my opinion though.

chdtpn

Apr 7, 2010
www.chaad.net
I think they feel their web interface is all they need with the exception of mobile solutions. That's just my opinion though.

That's probably true but a lot of the time when I try to do something on the web client (for example change my picture) it says 'twitter is over capacity, please try again later.' This never happens to me with Tweetie.. Or any other client I have used..

I will say tho that the Official Twitter client for Android is very very nice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty