Time For a New Phone

Lacarno

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

My AT&T contract ends on the 27th. I'm fairly certain that I am going to switch from the iPhone (currently have an iPhone 3G) to an Android phone. I've been reading reviews and doing some research on the phones that are available on AT&T and Verizon. The X looks like a great phone. I like the size of the Fascinate, but I'm not happy about the VZW/Bing deal.

My question is: if you could buy any Android phone on Verizon or AT&T, which would you buy and why? Is now the time to buy, or should I wait a month or two to see what is coming down the pipeline?

bb_batman_dcx

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
if your looking at the fascinate stick with AT&T and go with the Captivate....its the same phone lol

and since your not happy about the VZW/Bing deal....you wont have to switch carriers

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Also, look at the HTC Incredible. It's fast and works really well out of the box. No GPS Issues like The Galaxy Class. It’s OEM battery stinks, but an aftermarket 1750 battery would help greatly and does not change the profile of the phone, or a 3500 battery adds 3mm in thickness but you can use the phone w/o fear. Also the Incredible is still shipping with AMOLED screens.

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the Incredible (while older at this point) is a good bet. I had a bad experience with a locked down Motorola handset so I will never recommend one. Are you only looking at At&T or Verizon? If you're in an area that will get HSPA+ from T-Mobile, I'd be looking at the G2. It's looking more and more like the next developer phone and is most likely going to be the first to get OS updates and will scream with HSPA+. It's also likely to be supported longer if it's a dev phone (though that's conjecture on my part).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2