Virus Protection?

joedm126

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
How necessary is a Virus protection program for tablets? Since I will be downloading e-mails and searching the web I assume it's like a computer and probably a good idea. Do most people use them and if so what is a popular choice? I use Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security for my computer so I might just buy some additional licenses, since both my wife and myself now have the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition tablets, unless there is something better or if I shouldn't bother. Thanks.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Android is pretty secure, but you could use anti-virus if you want extra peace of mind. AVG, Avast, Lookout and Norton are quite popular and seem to work well. There are options to scan emails and texts for malware.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
As long as you keep to legit app sources like Google Play and Amazon App Store, there is no need for anti virus. Unlike Windows, there are no Web exploits that can cause malware infection.

thomasdavid

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Free Virus Protection Software: -

Comodo Internet Security offers round the clock defense against internal and external threats by combining a strong anti-virus, a solid firewall, and an advanced Defense+ host intrusion prevention system.

Individually, the antivirus, firewall, and Defense+ systems delivers comprehensive protection against their respective threat challenges. And as a full suite, the three components provide a full 'detection, prevention, and remedy' security system for your computer.

The Firewall component of Comodo Internet Security (CIS) ( known as Comodo Firewall) offers your system the highest level of security against internal and external threats, stealth your system's ports against cyber criminals and blocks malicious apps and links from transmitting your private information over the web. Comodo Firewall allows you to specify exactly which apps are allowed to connect to web and immediately warns you of suspicious activity, if any.

The main configuration area of firewall provides easy and secure access to all the features allowing you to create rules for apps and network connections via a series of wizards and shortcuts. The features include:
View Firewall Events: Allows you to view the alerts and events records
Define a New Trusted Application: Creates a automatic 'Allow' rule for trusted apps
Define a New Blocked Application: Creates a automatic 'Deny' rule for untrusted apps
Network Security Policy: Allows you to create or modify packet-filtering rules
View Active Connections: You can view the apps that are currently connected to the Internet along with Port, Traffic level, IP address, and protocol.
Stealth Port Wizard: Allows you to create a set of global firewall rules
Firewall Behavior Settings: Allows you to access and configure firewall options such as alert frequency level, security level and more.