Google+ is malware

sir_mycroft

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
O.k. so that may be slight hyperbole, but hear me out.

24 hours ago or so my Nexus S 4G started rebooting itself every 2 minutes like clockwork. I had done nothing odd with the phone in the period just before it started occurring other than update previously installed apps through the (new) Android Market. I tried evrerything short of a factory reset, since I had unbacked-up data I did not want to loose. Eventually, I settled on manually removing application through Unistaller. A tedious process since I could only manage to uninstall one or two apps between reboots. Finally after about sixty of the most recently installed/updated apps being removed, I got around to removing Google+. Suddleny, no more reboots.

Now obviously Google+ could have just been reacting badly with some of my other apps, but it was not until I removed it from my device did I breake the reboot cycle I was stuck in.

Just a word of warning for those out there.

PyroShizZz

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I strongly disagree with your thoughts on Google+ being malware for the sheer fact that Android OS itself is owned by google, not that it would ever happen but lets say that a google employee wanted to use malware they would just implement something in the next system revision update and bam, problem solved, so it is highly unprobable that Google+ itself would be even by the slightest chance be considered to be malware in any way, shape, or form.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have Google+ installed on a Backflip, Dell Streak, DroidX, Atrix, Droid1, Gtablet running Honeycomb, Droid Incredible, and not a single reboot of any of them because of it.

the most annoying thing I've noticed is that the notifications all come in at random times... :(

sir_mycroft

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. But what I think was happening in my case was some conflict between the real Google+ and some other app. I have been slowly reinstalling my deleted apps but still have not found the culprit(s).

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Hmmmmm.......I have Google+ downloaded to my MoPho, EVO 4G, and Galaxy Tab but haven't experienced any reboots.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I have never had any problems with Google +. I would be shocked if it was Malware, I don't even see how that would makes sense for Google to do.

sir_mycroft

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I am still having the same issue. If google+ is installed,at some point Ibegin to get resets in the endless reboot cycle. As soon as uninstall it,my phone stabalizes.

This is not google++, i'm downloading from the market. Its google own and I cant keep it on my Sprint Nexus S .g