help!!! virus? mobile.alert.secure-intl.com

brick58

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I was on the internet (don't remember the site) and this popped up and said my android has been infected with a virus?trojan/mobileos/tapsnake?had the little android man and said click ok?of course I didn't but it scared the crap out of me?.never got this on an iphone?i have a free avg on my phone but all it scans are apps, I think?is everything from play store safe? and how would I know if my phone has a virus, and is google crome a safer browser than the one that came on phone? thanks for any help :(

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I was on the internet (don't remember the site) and this popped up and said my android has been infected with a virus…trojan/mobileos/tapsnake…had the little android man and said click ok…of course I didn't but it scared the crap out of me….never got this on an iphone…i have a free avg on my phone but all it scans are apps, I think…is everything from play store safe? and how would I know if my phone has a virus, and is google crome a safer browser than the one that came on phone? thanks for any help :(

I doubt you are infected, and no browser is a lot safer than the other. I suggest trying other anti-virus apps to check and support avg's claim.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I was on the internet (don't remember the site) and this popped up and said my android has been infected with a virus?trojan/mobileos/tapsnake?had the little android man and said click ok?of course I didn't but it scared the crap out of me?.never got this on an iphone?i have a free avg on my phone but all it scans are apps, I think?is everything from play store safe? and how would I know if my phone has a virus, and is google crome a safer browser than the one that came on phone? thanks for any help :(

Just sounds like a pop-up. I read an article that said the play store was safer than the app store (Not sure how accurate that is)
I use chrome and haven't had any issues. Just stay away from sketchy sites

Posted via Android Central App

brick58

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
one more, which browser do you use? I see there are many to choose from…dolphin has good reviews, chrome, firefox not too good...

SherB52

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I have experienced the same popup on my Nook tablet. One time it was when on my local newspaper's website, which is very odd. I do have AVG installed and ran the scan and found no virus. My problem is how do I get rid of this popup without clicking the OK or having to reboot? Also, does the Addons Detector work well on a Nook tablet HD or a Samsung S4 Mini phone?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have experienced the same popup on my Nook tablet. One time it was when on my local newspaper's website, which is very odd. I do have AVG installed and ran the scan and found no virus. My problem is how do I get rid of this popup without clicking the OK or having to reboot? Also, does the Addons Detector work well on a Nook tablet HD or a Samsung S4 Mini phone?

You can try downloading adblock.

https://www.adblockplus.org

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress