Jiake JK-10 Malware issue, want to root. Please help

geoffist

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey gang. My nexus 4 recently died, and until i can replace the LCD+Digitizer im using a cheap Jiake JK-10 with Android 4.2.2.

I bought it in a shop here in Singapore. It's a Chinese brand that is "up and coming," but I'm 99.9% positive there is a ton of malware, trackers, and/or data stealing junk built in.

I did full scans with a series of different scanners from the Play marketplace and they've confirmed there is indeed malware on board and built-in to the ROM.

So, my question is this: If I am able to root it, is it possible to install any ROM, i.e., stock nexus 4 ROM from Google Developers site, or other "safe" ROM? Or must the ROM be developed FOR my Jiake jk-10? I have only found the stock ROM for the Jiake JK-10 - and according to the build number, its the same as the one I have on here now. Just looking for a clean vanilla-ish ROM.

Any insight would be valuable. Thanks!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey gang. My nexus 4 recently died, and until i can replace the LCD+Digitizer im using a cheap Jiake JK-10 with Android 4.2.2.

I bought it in a shop here in Singapore. It's a Chinese brand that is "up and coming," but I'm 99.9% positive there is a ton of malware, trackers, and/or data stealing junk built in.

I did full scans with a series of different scanners from the Play marketplace and they've confirmed there is indeed malware on board and built-in to the ROM.

So, my question is this: If I am able to root it, is it possible to install any ROM, i.e., stock nexus 4 ROM from Google Developers site, or other "safe" ROM? Or must the ROM be developed FOR my Jiake jk-10? I have only found the stock ROM for the Jiake JK-10 - and according to the build number, its the same as the one I have on here now. Just looking for a clean vanilla-ish ROM.

Any insight would be valuable. Thanks!
You'd have to find a ROM specifically for the phone, but since it is a very rare or rather, uncommon device, finding something like that might be hard with little to no dev support. I'd check xda-developers.com and see if they have something for it but I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't :-\