Locked out of phone with no internet connection

random username

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This might have been placed in the wrong location so sue me, I've never started a thread on any site before.
I would just like to share a simple solution to this particular problem. First off details. Only exception is airplane mode has to be turned off. So the situation stands, your phone is requiring Google account sign in with WiFi and data off.
The solution is simple; just have a friend send a MMS message to your phone and most SMS apps auto download that content(if you turned this off in the settings, you're out of luck). So to download that, it will kick on data and therefore internet connection and viola. Just make sure to submit your credentials between that window it's downloading the MMS which isn't long but it's not impossible to time either. Simple as that!
I hope this helped someone from hard resetting their phone and losing all their data. Simple solutions to scary problems

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
No, I know another great trick either you phone is on airplane mode or what ever !! but you need to be on jelly bean for this trick, well the trick is while your device is locked down and you think you've forgotten the pattern lock or pin and your data connection is also in switched off !! :'( and you seem to get :'( then hold the power button and a popup will appear asking switch off, data connection off or on etc, if you data connection is off in that menu it would be enable data connection, and once you enable the data connection you a open your locked down device with the help from your gmail account. See, it is not that tough to you can get your self out from the lock down issue, you just need to remember while you locked out press the power button so the popup will appear !! :)

JOANNE MAE SOLIBA

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
hi i have that problem on my s6 edge. its been 2 weeks i cannot use my phone i dont want to hard reset it coz i can not afford to loose all my pic n videos..i did what you said.but it did not work:( do you know other ways to tun my data or wifi on??

Revanth Rao

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Joanne

Have you managed to find a solution?

I think I'm in the same situation as you: My fingerprint reader gave up on me, backup password not accepted, no internet connection to locked phone and no samsung find my device registration

Rajat Kakkar

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Joanne

Have you managed to find a solution?

I think I'm in the same situation as you: My fingerprint reader gave up on me, backup password not accepted, no internet connection to locked phone and no samsung find my device registration

Did you find any soultion?
I am in the same situation

Last edited by a moderator:

DiabloIa

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Guys I spent around 15 hours trying to unlock my samsung galaxy s6, and found a solution. You're welcome. You need google acc+dont need a connection turned on already for this to work (worst case scenario).
It didnt recongnize my fingerprints, and my backup password didnt work. I couldnt sign in to my google account since my wifi and mobile data was turned off before the device locked.
This is the solution i found AFTER 15 hours of this madness, you need to be quick:
1) enter wrong backup password 5 times
2) wait 30 secounds countdown
3) enter wrong backup password 5 times
4) wait 30 secounds countdown
5) select sign in with google account
6) enter google account credentials (DONT SIGN IN YET)
7) hold 'wake up button' (home button)
8) press emergency mode and go thru with aggreeing to all it asks you to
9) press TURN ON, and after that press 'sign in' with your google account (where step 6 left off)
If you were quick enough, you will enter emergency mode and you will pass the lock screen, now quit the emergency mode the same way and change your backup password, and write it down this time so this doesnt happen again. You are wellcome.

Li Becca

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
OMG thank you sooooo much for posting this!!!!! Where the shop assistant failed, the samsung guy in the shop failed, the samsung guy on the customer support line failed, you succeeded :D :D :D thank you so much!!!! I was about to follow the customer support guy's directions to factory reset and wipe my phone - so glad I came across this post - saved me from losing a lot of data!

Pravinth Nadarajah

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Guys I spent around 15 hours trying to unlock my samsung galaxy s6, and found a solution. You're welcome. You need google acc+dont need a connection turned on already for this to work (worst case scenario).
It didnt recongnize my fingerprints, and my backup password didnt work. I couldnt sign in to my google account since my wifi and mobile data was turned off before the device locked.
This is the solution i found AFTER 15 hours of this madness, you need to be quick:
1) enter wrong backup password 5 times
2) wait 30 secounds countdown
3) enter wrong backup password 5 times
4) wait 30 secounds countdown
5) select sign in with google account
6) enter google account credentials (DONT SIGN IN YET)
7) hold 'wake up button' (home button)
8) press emergency mode and go thru with aggreeing to all it asks you to
9) press TURN ON, and after that press 'sign in' with your google account (where step 6 left off)
If you were quick enough, you will enter emergency mode and you will pass the lock screen, now quit the emergency mode the same way and change your backup password, and write it down this time so this doesnt happen again. You are wellcome.

it didnt work for my s5 plz help!

Maryellen Brady

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
It not working for me
still locked out

any other help available?
Wifi and data turned off and I had 3 fingerprints, it will not recognize and I know the password and it will not unlock!

Samsung should be able to get in remotely!

crazyS6

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
i have S6 edge with no samsung account ,i forgot my pattern password and 20x i tried, i failed.. my phone locked and pattern lock always appear , i cant turn off my phone unless if i put the correct pattern password , 128 minutes to wait to take another attempt putting pattern password.. How can i fix this things ?

Aman Qureshi

May 17, 2018
Visit site
I'm in the same situation.I don't want to lose my all data contacts, Pic & doc anything else.Can you please tell how did you turn on wifi or mobile data? Urgently Need