Can I use an android phone to customize android wear and then switch to ios?

godmatrix

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I would like to have a few third party watch faces on my Huawei watch, but as you know Apple doesn't let you do this because it doesn't allow any other app stores on it's platform other than the app store, so no Google Play from where I would get the third party watch faces. So my question is, if I can use a cheap android phone to simply download my wanted watch faces and then switch to ios after a hard reset. Will the watch faces stay in the watch?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Unfortunately Android Wear can only be paired with a single device at a time, requiring you to do a full factory reset of the watch just to pair with any other phone. So unless the phone/tablet you're pairing the watch with supports 3rd party faces, I'm afraid you're out of luck. You CAN side-load things on the watch (since it's basically Android underneath), but that's not for the faint of heart (and I certainly haven't done it so can't confirm it works or if it's reliable).

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Of course, Android Wear 2.0 will help immeasurably here by allowing things to be installed from Google Play right on the watch. Can't wait.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Will Android wear then allow me to download Google play music files to the watch, so I can leave my phone at home to exercise? That is what I want most of all from a watch. Since the note 7 went kaput, I may get the 7 plus, but not sure I want to jog with a big device. Hoping the new Android wear watch options will do this, so I can leave the phone behind but still have music.

Smith 001

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I know some watches support the 'remote music'play,that means play music on your watch via BT?
I'm confused,if I connect my watch to phone,how could I connect it to a headset?
My watch is a stand alone watchphone,so I don't know how it works.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Will Android wear then allow me to download Google play music files to the watch, so I can leave my phone at home to exercise? That is what I want most of all from a watch. Since the note 7 went kaput, I may get the 7 plus, but not sure I want to jog with a big device. Hoping the new Android wear watch options will do this, so I can leave the phone behind but still have music.

Android Wear already allows this on most watches with internal memory and headphone connectivity. Sadly, the only app that supports it is Google Play Music.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I know some watches support the 'remote music'play,that means play music on your watch via BT?
I'm confused,if I connect my watch to phone,how could I connect it to a headset?
My watch is a stand alone watchphone,so I don't know how it works.

If it has BT connection and it supports headsets, you can connect both at the same time. Just set up the headset on the watch, download the files from Play Music (only offline tracks are playable) and off you go, sans phone.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I really wish Google would have allowed Android Wear watches to be paired with multiple phones, especially since you can't download anything when paired with an iOS device. I would love to pair mine with my iPhone, but I want WatchMaker, so I can't use my iPhone with my watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress