how to return to watchface when clearing a notification?

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
So I'm an Android Wear newbie. I assume this is the same for all watches, but I could be wrong...

When I dismiss a notification from the watch by swiping it, it always then reverts to some top "card" with the number of steps I've taken today (some kind of fitness info). I really don't care (well, I do, but I don't want to see it every time). Is there some setting to tell AW to return to the watchface (or even some other card/app) after dismissing a notification (or "the last notification")???

Thanks,
AJ

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
You are correct that this particular issue should work the same on most Android Wear watches. When you swipe away a card, the next card in the "stack" is then shown, usually it's whatever one is below (or under) the swiped away card.

As far as I know there is no way to actually set it to go to a "preferred card" or anything like that. However, if you just want it to go back to the watch face, you can simply place your palm over the screen to dim the screen and have it go back to the watch face. Of course, if you have "always on screen" set to "off", your watch will turn the display off with this palm cover action.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
You can block specific apps from notifying on your watch if you want to.. Block app is usually a choice in the watch notification and can also be set of unset in the wear app on your phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87