Third SIM on Pixel 7

ronfel

Sep 7, 2023
Visit site
First I need to state that I am a long time IOS user and have switched to Android for now as I was robbed while traveling and my IPhone was taken. For years I have kept an Android phone with me as a back up, as I split time between two countries and travel quite a bit. I just don't have much experience using the Pixel 7 and have a newbie question.

I am used to having many (I think 10) esim slots on the IPhone and switching as needed as you can only use two at a time. The Pixel 7 only has two sim slots and I currently use both (one for each country I live in. When I travel I buy an Airalo esim to use for data in the country/region I am visiting. On the Iphone this is easy as I can load the third esim and switch one of the others off and on as needed.

My Pixel 7 has only two usable slots and currently I use one physical SIM and one esim. I assume that if I wish to use Airalo in a few weeks from now I must remove the physical sim card and that will allow the Airalo esim to be installed in the vacant slot. When finished traveling I can simply delete the Airalo esim and pop the physical SIM back in. Seems obvious but want to confirm there is not an issue before I hit the road.

Many thanks.

wooyo0

Sep 8, 2023
Visit site
Pixel 7 has dual SIM standby, meaning the two SIM 'cards' (well, one card and one eSIM) are active at the same time.

But check also the support on Pixel 5, because reportedly, Pixel 4 gained the two SIM standby with Android 12. Maybe it's the case of the 5 as well. (I don't have first-hand experience with 4 and 6 5, only read it on some webpages).