Android Wear 2.0 - Anyone Receive the Update Yet?

Psuboy

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I have the Huawei Watch. Still no update to Wear 2.0. I was expecting it on the 16th or 17th. I'm a bit surprised it has not pushed out yet. I got excited when I got the App update I thought it might push once I updated the app. Then I got the Android security update and thought that was it. But still waiting.

Joseph Rubin

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
The way I figure, just when we start forgetting about it and giving up, that's when it will show up. It's so disappointing that after all these delays the companies still couldn't be ready to release it right away! So what was the point of the extensive testing for so long?! Couldn't all these companies test it and prepare it with the developer versions and be ready when it's released?? It makes no sense to me!

Psuboy

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I use Pugie Black. First on my Moto 360 and now on my Huawei Watch. I am thinking I will drop it as a lot of that functionality is replaced with Wear 2. I would find out if the update ever got here. Still no update, 12 days and counting.

Joseph Rubin

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Good point. I used to use pujie black as well, I created some stunning looking faces on it (I can send you the code for them if you want) but yea, most of its features will be available on any stock face, with the complications that's coming.

Psuboy

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Thx...I try a lot of watches I grab off of boards. Pugie Black was a difference maker. We'll see where they go with it.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a Moto 360 2nd edition and just picked up a LG Style from Best Buy. Played with the Style now for a few hours and can't say I'm thrilled with AW 2.0. It's very confusing not just to navigate but on how to install apps. I'll have to get used to it I guess but it seems a step backwards to me. I wouldn't be in a hurry to update your watch.

Joseph Rubin

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
First congrats on the new watch. Second, Na... I'm still counting the seconds for the update. I'm not afraid of a little complication, I can handle it. I love figuring out those things

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I feel like I am shipwrecked on a desert island as I scribe another line on the wall...14 days and still no update. ??????

I am sure this will be like other "Android" updates and it could be 1-6 months. Though my best guess is that we'll get it in March with the Monthly updates.

Psuboy

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I am sure this will be like other "Android" updates and it could be 1-6 months. Though my best guess is that we'll get it in March with the Monthly updates.

I think you may be right. I am not upset. The shipwreck comment was really just fun. I am just a junkie for the new stuff. That is why I got a Nexus 6 and just ordered a Pixel XL so I get the new Android without bloat and quickly after it is out. My first Android experience was a Samsung Galaxy 2 and that thing got slow to no updates. I ended up rooting it and doing the mod route until I went with a Nexus device.
I read somewhere, I don't know how reliable the source was, that H Watch was scheduled to push update in mid March. I was thinking that since H Watch was a preview that it would come faster. I just replaced my Moto 360 1st gen with the H Watch partly because they were doing the AW 2.0 dev preview. But that is my expectation. I still check every day tho :)

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I think you may be right. I am not upset. The shipwreck comment was really just fun. I am just a junkie for the new stuff. That is why I got a Nexus 6 and just ordered a Pixel XL so I get the new Android without bloat and quickly after it is out. My first Android experience was a Samsung Galaxy 2 and that thing got slow to no updates. I ended up rooting it and doing the mod route until I went with a Nexus device.
I read somewhere, I don't know how reliable the source was, that H Watch was scheduled to push update in mid March. I was thinking that since H Watch was a preview that it would come faster. I just replaced my Moto 360 1st gen with the H Watch partly because they were doing the AW 2.0 dev preview. But that is my expectation. I still check every day tho :)

I check for updates on my watch daily... :)

iPaulus

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
I am in the UK and the new LG watches have not been launched here yet. I doubt that the upgrade will arrive before the new watches. I have both the LG Urbane and the Fossil Founder (to which I prefer to my Applewatch) Neither of them yet have received anything, apart from the Feb. Security patch you all commented about.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana