Portable Keyboard for Archos 101 Gen9 Tablet

curiouscraig

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I am the proud new owner of an Archos 101 Gen9 Tablet, which is running on Android Honeycomb 3.2.

I have been doing a fair amount of typing on my tablet, and have noticed that this quickly leaves marks on the screen. I did originally purchase a screen protector along with the tablet, but this affected the responsitivity so badly that I gave up on using it.

Currently I am using a combination of an Archos stylus (which is fine for general usage but slow and inefficient for typing I find), and also typing with my fingers and then wiping the screen every so often with a screen cloth. This isn't exactly ideal, and I am considering whether a portable keyboard would be the solution.

My knowledge of the inner workings of my tablet is limited, and I am wary of buying a keyboard that is incompatible with it. Having done some research there seems to be a lot of different types of portable keyboard - usb, wireless, bluetooth, silicone, folding, etc etc - and it is not entirely clear to me whether they work with Android or not.

Has anyone here encountered a similar problem, or have any words of wisdom?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Craig

mandopicker101

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I have the G9 80 and bought a Bluetooth keyboard to use with my tablet. It works well although I purchased a no name cheapo that vaguely resembles the Apple wireless keyboard. Having had a silicone USB keyboard in the past, its ok but not ace for long spells of typing. Equally I had a folding keyboard for a Palm TX and it was OK but not too great.

A 'real' keyboard is better all round. Wireless is my preference (less to help knock/pull over your tablet).

Sent from my SK17i using Android Central Forums

curiouscraig

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi mandopicker 101,
Thanks for the quick reply!

So is your keyboard connected to your tablet via Bluetooth? Does that have any major draining effect on the tablet's battery?

Hi

I have the G9 80 and bought a Bluetooth keyboard to use with my tablet. It works well although I purchased a no name cheapo that vaguely resembles the Apple wireless keyboard. Having had a silicone USB keyboard in the past, its ok but not ace for long spells of typing. Equally I had a folding keyboard for a Palm TX and it was OK but not too great.

A 'real' keyboard is better all round. Wireless is my preference (less to help knock/pull over your tablet).

Sent from my SK17i using Android Central Forums

mandopicker101

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi there

I haven't noticed it being a massive drain, although 3G plus Bluetooth does put the boot into the battery, especially if accessing stuff from Google Drive or DropBox. Usually I use this set up when commuting to/from work and often I can plug in my tablet on the train.

I'd be interested to see how BT compared to a wired keyboard in terms of impact on battery. If buying a wireless keyboard, invest in something decent as mine doesn't have stellar battery power.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel