Nexus Q?

Empaim

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nexus Q that's just collecting dust in its box, since Google stopped supporting it and I couldn't cast to it any more.
It really broke my heart that this beautiful device stopped working.

Is there something out there that I can flash onto the Nexus Q to get som function back on it? My hope is to get it to work something like the Chromecast Audio...

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I have two of them. Tore the first open and scaved some other parts and turned it into a desktop amp for my computer.

The second I've fooled around with all kinds of different software. There's still a mostly working old CM build for it at XDA, but dev is pretty much dead. I got android TV on marshmallow to boot, but no sound right now.

I want the same thing. I want it to be a cast target with fancy lights. Android TV would be the best way to do it since chromecast software isn't friendly to modify. It just takes a lot of spare time to fool with it and I'm short on that right now.

Empaim

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Cheers! If you ever find out how to make the Nexus Q into a cast target, I'd be really interested inknowing how :)

Also, I be interested in knowing how you "scaved some other parts and turned it into a desktop amp" - if it's easy it may be a solution for me too :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87