Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Galaxy Note 2 Battery charges very faster and drains fast

Hi Friends,

Since I upgraded my Note 2 to kik kat I am having issues with my battery. It behaves weird. Just now I found my phone completely dead and once I plugged it to AC charges it immediately showed me 50% charged, but the time I switched on my phone it was 70% (like 15 minutes)

So I decided to pull the battery and give then try to charge the phone and I was surprised to see it now shows only 35% charged.

I have posted the batter snapshots, please advise if there is anything I can do to make it like it was before updating to KktKat, ofcourse I dont want to reset to factory settings.

Appreciate your support!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 2 Battery charges very faster and drains fast-screenshot_2014-06-15-09-49-26.png   Galaxy Note 2 Battery charges very faster and drains fast-screenshot_2014-06-15-09-48-08.png  

Default Re: Galaxy Note 2 Battery charges very faster and drains fast

Welcome to Android Central! A couple of things to try:

1. Check to see if the battery is bulging by taking it out, placing it flat on a table, and trying to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging, which is a sign of failure. Try a new battery.
    2. Try clearing the system cache partition, which can sometimes help with various issues that arise after a system update. You won't lose any personal data. Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note II | T-Mobile Support
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks B. Diddy,

I tried the spin thing, the battery is just fine and not bulging.

How do I clear the system cache? From application manager and clearing it for each app one by one or there is another option to it?

Thank you!

To clear the system cache, look at the link in the previous post. Follow the steps for Wipe Cache Partition.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It looks like, the phone is fixed, but this would be to early to say. I shall update you after 12 hours to confirm. Otherwise it looks good.

Okay I waited to long to come back. Because it seemed like the phone was kind of healing itself. However last night everything came back to same again.

I charged it to 100% and it drained in less then 5 hours. Every 2 minutes I spend using my phone gives me a 1% of battery loss. The stand by time is like 6 to 7 hours.

I have checked, the battery isn't bulged and tried to spin it on flat table surface, it won't spin.

Is there something I can do to fix it?? It 18 months old phone.

Thanks!