HTC One M8 - Text Messages Do Not Display Senders' Name

A

AC Question

When I receive an SMS on my HTC One M8, the sender's phone number is displayed instead of the sender's name even though the sender is in my contact list.

What's strange is that when the screen is locked, the sender's name is displayed on the home screen whenever I receive text messages, however once I unlock and go to the messages folder, only the sender's number is displayed.

However, when I tap on the sender's picture in the messages folder, the pop up shows the sender's name and contact numbers saved. It seems to be a synching issue between the messages folder and phone contacts

The weird part is that after 5-10 mins, when I access the messages folder again, the sender's name is displayed. There seems to be a time lag in displaying the sender's name.

I have went through everything I could think of and I've already done a factory reset, however, the issue is still there. Am I missing something??

skzb

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I've sent the phone to the Service Centre, they've provided me a new handset; however the issue is there in the new one as well. What should I do next?
I've tried to report the issue to HTC as well several times but the link you've provided me is giving me an error message every time

skzb

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, that's what I've been doing since I got the replacement phone. But this is really annoying.
Had a chat with the HTC support team, they said that this is a known issue and are currently working on an update to fix it.
They said it usually takes 3 to 5 working weeks to have an update!!

Hassan Masood

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Im having tbe same issue not with text messages but with the calling. When oneone calls the phone only displays the contact number and not the name even though i have saved the name in the contact list. However this happeb only with a few contacts and not all.

I went to the HTC USA live chat and mentioned my issue but they have no clue about it.

Is there anyone else facing the same issue and have u found a solution or a turn around??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87