message notifications

A

AC Question

I don't know about anyone else but I like to have my message center clear of message notifications so I don't miss something important. I'm having trouble with the Galaxy S3 in that unless I open every message I receive it will not clear the notification. I have searched the settings and different forums and found no help for this. Help is much appreciated.

Broken down -

Phone - Samsumg Galaxy S3
Verizon

message indicator over your messages tells you how many you have not opened. I would like to be able to clear this without opening each message individually. I get a few that are from companies that are ads and I would really rather not open those.

Incidentally - a second question. Does anyone know if I can block a message from a specific sales organization. I get a lot from K&G mens store.

Thanks much!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Those message indicators are designed to let you know how many unread messages there are in your inbox so, as far as I know, there isn't a way to clear it without opening each one.

As for your second question, if you're talking about an email account then you can always mark it as spam so you won't get the message in your inbox.

Fobes Clan

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
well...the first answer said you "think" it can't be done. While I appreciate the post if you don't know please don't reply.

The second question is clearly about messaging as well. I'm aware of email. :cool:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
well...the first answer said you "think" it can't be done. While I appreciate the post if you don't know please don't reply.

While I appreciate you acknowledging a person for trying, our Android Central Ambassadors like VDub2174 are here to try and respond with the best answers they can to the community. Most of the time they are right on the money, occasionally they make an error but they always give it 110%.

Their goal side from answering to the best of their abilities is to make sure as many as possible questions are answered or they can ignore it and it eventually sinks deeper in the list and is forgotten about which isn't good either.

Have a good day.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about anyone else but I like to have my message center clear of message notifications so I don't miss something important. I'm having trouble with the Galaxy S3 in that unless I open every message I receive it will not clear the notification. I have searched the settings and different forums and found no help for this. Help is much appreciated.

Broken down -

Phone - Samsumg Galaxy S3
Verizon

message indicator over your messages tells you how many you have not opened. I would like to be able to clear this without opening each message individually. I get a few that are from companies that are ads and I would really rather not open those.

Incidentally - a second question. Does anyone know if I can block a message from a specific sales organization. I get a lot from K&G mens store.

Thanks much!

The Verizon messages app (available from the play store) has an option to mark all email as read, doing so would reset the messages counter.

a6edugy7.jpg

With regards to blocking texts from a specific number, you can go to your my Verizon account online and block specific numbers. Also sometimes , sending a "stop" message would stop texts from coming. If not, you can contact k&g and ask them to remove you.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Fobes Clan

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
i'm quite sure Vdub has answered many questions but in my case he didn't offer any solution - I'm not sure how that is helpful. I would hope you can understand that and not take my comment so personally offensive and act like I attacked him by your response and all the "likes" by it. If you don't have an answer seems to me you don't reply - that was the point. I do appreciate his efforts and actually joined as I've been in technology for years to help others. However, I don't feel a warm reception here initially...

appreciate the help

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I was able to find this through a quick Google search

How do I unsubscribe?

Want to opt out of the K&G mobile program? Text STOP to 79999

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP