battery draining while charging?

A

AC Question

Hi there, So I have noticed that my battery is actually draining instead of charging when its plugged in. I have taken the battery out multiple times, re-started my phone and did a factory re-set and still nothing. I have tried multiple chargers (including the original charger) and nothing seems to work. I have also noticed that my calls are getting dropped, or its saying I'm in a call when I am not. On numerous occasions it has said it was charging when it wasn't plugged in.. which I thought was very odd. Has anyone else has these issues? If so what did you do? I am really starting to get annoyed and am considering a new phone, seeing as I need this for work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What phone do you have, and how old is it? Are you using the phone while charging it? If so, depending on what you're doing, the charge rate might not keep up with the rate of drain.

If you're not doing anything while charging, then maybe the battery is failing (which can also cause various other odd behaviors). Try a new battery.

afer1

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I too am having the same issue. I have been dealing with this for about 2 months. The battery will read all sorts of different levels that doesn't make sense (18% then 52% the. 36%) all within the same hour. Took my phone to my service provider. I had a bad battery. They switched it out and flash wiped my phone after I had already rebooted it in safe mode and then just wiped it completely after that failed. The flash wipe worked for about a week with the new battey and then it started happenig again. I have changed my charger multiple times and the phone will say it's charging but the battery will continue to drain or stay as is regardless of how long its on the charger. Happens even if I turn off the phone while charging.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There a couple of possibilities. One is that the replacement battery is defective and is throwing dendrites. (See Lithium Battery Dendrite links - I'm not going to post a list of links here.) Or there could be a leaky capacitor on the motherboard - that could cause the same symptoms. The only way to fins out for sure is to put the phone on the bench, opened up, and with a couple of meters connected to it (and a tech who understand how electronic devices work watching what the meters are indicating.).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa