Email to SMS Notifications in Messages

A

AC Question

I receive alerts from a mass notification system. Those alerts appear that they come from an email address. I am setup to receive that alerts via text message using tendigitnumber at vtext.com on my phone (Samsung Galaxy s5). I have other contacts that have special notification tones for text messages and they work fine. However I have tested it with other email to sms messages and can't seem to get Messages to to apply a special tone to anything that come from an email address.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There are some notification apps that can be used to set a ringtone for a particular caller. One or more of them may be able to take an email address as a "caller". Remember, though, that anyone who texts you through Verizon's gateway is probably going to show the same "sender number", so will get the same ringtone.

slingshot202

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I just found this myself using the Galaxy Default messages app. I to have a few notifications that come in via text message from e-mail address and it is important to be able to distinguish them. This feature does work in the Verizon Messages +, however, with that, every time I deleted a chat history I think I lost my custom tone as it was set locally in that app and not through the contacts in the phone.