Dropped my Samsung galaxy S3, phone still works, screen is black
How do I access my internal memory - photos from the camera in the "Gallary" - I downloaded Kies, and can access the files on my phone but because I never saved the photos to the SD Card....they are not available to back up to my PC. I have over a thousand pics as well as need to back up my contact list, but it also does not appear in Kies. Assuming because the contacts were not saved on the SD Card as well? I plan to have the phone repaired but don't want to risk losing all of my contacts and photos....trying to do a back up prior to sending the phone in? Any suggestions on how to get to my internal information from my PC? I did not change the USB Debugging and now have no access to it from the phone! HELP!!!!!
- 07-09-2014, 11:44 AM #2
Re: Dropped my Samsung galaxy S3, phone still works, screen is black
My understanding of Kies is that it does back up from internal memory... And will NOT back up from SD. Maybe because you could simply remove the memory card and pop it into another phone or a card reader.
Make sure you have the right Kies version: you need Kies 2.x if you are running Android 4.2.2 or lower and Kies 3.x if you are running Android 4.3 or higher.
Additionally, if your new phone is going to be Samsung, you should be able to plug both into the computer and use Kies to xfer everything internal from old phone to new...Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-02-2014, 02:00 AM
- By JnEricsonx in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 07-21-2014, 12:43 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-08-2014, 11:59 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-08-2014, 11:34 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-08-2014, 10:57 PM