Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SD Card Not Appearing in Restricted Profile Asus MeMo 7

We just got our latest KitKat devices in the office and this is our first time working with restricted user profiles. This is what I've got:
    • Asus MeMO Pad 7 (ME176CX), running the latest provided version of KitKat
    • 32GB MicroSD card
    • Two restricted profiles, in addition to the main user profile

I've put some files on the SD card with the tablet attached to a PC. Here's the problem. When I try to view files in the restricted profile, I cannot see the SD card at all. Essentially the SD card does not appear when using a restricted profile. This includes on my PC when viewing through a file manager. Once I switch profiles back to the main user (unrestricted), I can view the card.

I've searched the forums for a similar issue, but haven't come across this yet. This is our first KitKat device, but we have a couple of more coming online, so I would like to get this resolved as they will be similarly configured. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: SD Card Not Appearing in Restricted Profile Asus MeMo 7

Maybe this is posted in the wrong place? Still no resolution. I may have to brave Asus support on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by vmodus View Post
    Maybe this is posted in the wrong place? Still no resolution. I may have to brave Asus support on this one.
    Hi
    I have the same issue, I contacted asus and they were going to ask the developers.
    How you found a solution?
    Tank you
    Mario

How did you get Restricted Profiles to work on the memo 7? I have the ME176 CX and it will not complete the setup of a restricted profile. I get a message stating that the wizard has failed and am left with a black home screen. Each time I try to login to the profile I get a message that the UI has stopped. I am also interested in how you were able to create more than 2 users. That appears to be my limit with my device. Sorry I cannot answer your question, but I would greatly appreciate anything you can do to help with mine. Thanks!