Samsung Galaxy s4 Boot Loop *NEED FIX PLEASE

A

AC Question

whats up fellas,

i have a galaxy s4 which i bought when they first came out. i rooted the device. today i went to start an application (facebook), and bam, my phone starts restarting. and then keeps restarting.

after a little research, i saw some advice to clear the partition cache, and when i tried this it gave me the little android guy and a red triangle saying error, and again back into loop mode.

then i tried going into download mode (power+home+volume down) and then hitting volume down to cancel, again sends me into a boot loop.

i did the same thing going into download mode, and instead this time pressing volume up for os reset and it goes into a screen where top left says:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-1337
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: CUSTOM
CSB-OEM_CONFIG_LSB: 0X30
WRITE PROTECTION: ENABLE

And on the screen is the android robot and it says downloading...do not turn off target.

now i am at a point where i do not know what to do.

i have also read
The Cure for Kies XDA Forum MF3 FIRMWARE

however i don't know what my firmware is (if its mf3 or something else) and at this point not sure how to identify my firmware. i have never done any of the automatic ota updates, and i also made sure to turn off the automatic updates in the phone.

Any help or recommendations will be GREATLY APPRECIATED! THANKS GUYS

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
You stated that you rooted the device. Did you modify any files or simply rooted stock and rebooted? Is there a nandroid backup available to get you back to square 1?

Posted via Android Central App

hodatch1

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
At this point, I'd just try flashing a stock ROM via Odin. Better than not having a working phone at all
You can find a guide on how to do it here:

hey, thanks for the quick reply. man this has been such a headache. so i followed all the steps to the guide you posted, and after odin does its thing, it says success and my phone reboots, however it still shows Samsung custom with the unlocked lock icon, and still is stuck on boot loop. any more ideas?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
hey, thanks for the quick reply. man this has been such a headache. so i followed all the steps to the guide you posted, and after odin does its thing, it says success and my phone reboots, however it still shows Samsung custom with the unlocked lock icon, and still is stuck on boot loop. any more ideas?
Yeah, you'd have to reset the flash counter in order to get rid of the unlocked icon.
Does it keep cycling the boot or does it just take a long time? The first boot after an OS install takes a lot longer than normal. It's also suggested that you do a cache and data wipe for a clean install.

hodatch1

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, you'd have to reset the flash counter in order to get rid of the unlocked icon.
Does it keep cycling the boot or does it just take a long time? The first boot after an OS install takes a lot longer than normal. It's also suggested that you do a cache and data wipe for a clean install.

how do i reset the flash counter? after i followed the guide and installed the firmware, it just keeps resetting. and i also already did the wipe and cache wipe also. this is pretty frustrating. i have also downloaded like 6 different att firmwares but it keeps reloading with the unlock symbol after odin does its thing and says PASS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez