HELP! Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-i717 Problems

A

AC Question

My Samsung Note recently start actting up my phone frozed and i turnt it off then when i try turn it on it vibrates and won't turn on but when i take out my battery and put it back in its shows the samsung loading screen and then black screen (Turns off) whats going on?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It might be something wrong with the OS or it could be something worse. Let's rule out software, first.

With the phone off, press and hold the power, home, and volume down buttons for about 10 seconds. By this time your phone should have booted up in Recovery Mode.

If it did, chances are your hardware is not dead yet. If it didn't, it's not looking so good for your phone. But now that it did, try rebooting (you should see the option there, move around with the volume rocker, select with the power button). Did it boot up correctly? No? Try booting into Recovery Mode again. Now select "Clear Cache" or "Clear Dalvik Cache" (Can't remember how it shows up). And then reboot. Did it work?

Still no? (Curses!). Here you have two options. Either take it to a service center or try to factory reset it yourself. While the latter would bring your phone to a 'factory state' and would, in theory, fix any OS issues, it does have the side effect of wiping all of your data with it. That means pictures, documents, apps...everything. So try to back up your phone first before doing this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa