Back button stuck: Galaxy S4 Mini

A

AC Question

Recently my phone started backing out of everything I opened, immediately. I noticed the light on my back and menu buttons was turning off (as it should after a second and a half, per my settings) and then turning back on, over and over again. So I took of my screen protector and cleaned roughly my entire phone, hoping something was just stuck under my screen protector that was hitting the button. Nothing was. I then tried to restart my phone, no luck. I tried taking out the battery and a bit, turning it back on proved useless, it was still stuck. So after backing my phone up to my desktop, I used the volume, power button, home button method to factory reset my phone. With no improvement.

Unfortunately I have Sprint, which has no 24 hour phone service, and no offices open during hours that I'm not working (at least tomorrow, possibly Monday). So please and thank you ahead of time for any time you spend to help me out, and a warning, I'm not very technical, so I may need further explaining if something isn't pretty simple/basic.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the factory reset didn't help, then it's likely a hardware issue. If it's still under warranty, contact Samsung. Otherwise, bring it to a repair shop.