Upgrade from Galaxy S3

A

AC Question

Hello! New member here! I have a question.

I currently have a Galaxy S3. I'm due for an upgrade this Saturday and I've narrowed my choices down to three:

HTC One M8
LG G3
Galaxy S5

I've had many smartphones, but this time I'm literally indecisive as to what I want. All three phones offer something I want, all three also have things I don't. Not asking which I should personally go for, but has anyone else been in this situation and if so, what did you end up going with and why?

Thanks!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the Forums!
I did recently acquire an LG G3 because of its wonderful QuadHD display, and despite the fact that I had two phones already. All three phones that you list are devices of the highest quality and you can hardly go wrong with any of them...which one is preferred will obviously vary from one user to another.

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I think you would enjoy the S5, coming from a GS3. It has a new Touchwiz layout with better icons and menus, and a floating folder thingy.
You could be swayed by either of the other two though, They have a better build and showroom appeal. The M8 is elongated for not a bigger screen than the S5, where the LG has 5.5 inches and a very detailed screen. Neither has the Samsung Amoled screen which has been improved again on the S5. Some prefer the more natural screen of the other two, some think they are a little washed out. Best if you can play with all for a reasonable period in store, and do some research and reviews. I have a Note 3 which is still a great phone but the GS3 style Touchwiz, and us die-hards are sticking out for the Note 4 in about September.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I went with S5 solely based on the camera. Hands down it is much better than the other 2 from that perspective. Other than that it's a call you have to make on your own. They are all top of the line as far as I can see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa