HTC One M7 Google Play Edition Not Charging While on

A

AC Question

I've seen this around a few times, but nothing helps me. I have an HTC One M7 Google Play Edition, and it won't charge while it's on. It is driving me insane, because I have to turn my phone off and let it charge for upwards of 8 hours if I want to use it at all. If I put it in Airplane mode it charges in roughly 12 hours, and if I don't use it at all but keep it on, it charges about 1% every 3 hours. I've bought a new charger from HTC, but that doesn't seem to help either. It will rarely charge at normal speeds, but there's nothing special that makes it charge at normal speeds. I've tried tons of outlets, tons of wall adapters, etc, and there is no obvious variable that lets it rarely charge at normal speeds. When the charger is plugged into the phone, it is rather loose and I worry that might affect it, because then I'd need a new phone. I have up to date android, the phone is not rooted, and I do use a CPU saver and I've tried a battery saver that also tries to make the phone charge better, with no success. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nash

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the phone is using more current than it's supplying to charge the battery, the battery won't charge. This can be due to several things:

The phone is designed to charge the battery at certain rate. The combination of apps, modems, etc., that you're using use more than that current.

The charger isn't supplying enough current.

The wire in the cable is too thin to supply enough charging current from that charger.

The charging port contacts (or the contacts on the cable that plug into the port) are dirty.

The charging circuitry in the phone is defective.

The battery is defective (or at the end of its life, which can happen in 6 months or less if it's not treated properly - like always being discharged down to almost 0).

What your exact problem is can only be determined by testing various things with the phone itself (like trying a different charger, known to supply enough current to properly charge an M7), trying a known-good cable, trying a known-good battery, etc.

The best that can be done online like this is guesswork.

nerad98

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
If the phone is using more current than it's supplying to charge the battery, the battery won't charge. This can be due to several things:

The phone is designed to charge the battery at certain rate. The combination of apps, modems, etc., that you're using use more than that current.

The charger isn't supplying enough current.

The wire in the cable is too thin to supply enough charging current from that charger.

The charging port contacts (or the contacts on the cable that plug into the port) are dirty.

The charging circuitry in the phone is defective.

The battery is defective (or at the end of its life, which can happen in 6 months or less if it's not treated properly - like always being discharged down to almost 0).

What your exact problem is can only be determined by testing various things with the phone itself (like trying a different charger, known to supply enough current to properly charge an M7), trying a known-good cable, trying a known-good battery, etc.

The best that can be done online like this is guesswork.

Do you have any examples of known good cables to try out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez