Phone won't turn on. Nexus 4

oconnorm

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a Nexus 4. I bought it refurbished so it isn't under Google warranty.
Now, a while back it had the red light issue. I opened it up and saw that my battery was a bit swollen and smelled acidic. I then bought a new battery and it worked fine with no red light. Until I had to charge it. I charged it up to 60% and then let it sit overnight off the charger. In the morning I charged it up to about 50%. About half an hour after I took it off the charger it started to overheat. It was so hot that it I could feel it through the cloth of my purse. After that I tried to charge it and the red light came back. I checked back into my phone and saw a bit of damage on the charging port flex cable. I bought a new one and replaced it. There is no red light, but it is not turning on after hours of charging. I have tried numerous button and time combinations and nothing.
There are no lights, no charging indicator on the screen, nothing at all.
Is there anything I can do?
I don't want to buy a new phone. Parts I am okay with.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If you're sure that the battery has a good connection, and holds a charge, and that it is not possible to boot into recovery mode or any other mode, then I guess your device needs the attentions of a repairer.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty