Nexus 4 - black screen - red light flashing but can hear sounds.

A

AC Question

I replaced the digitizer on my Nexus 4 and followed the directions with great care. Everything is connected and nothing is out of place. However when I go to switch on the phone - a red light flashes at the bottom. I tried holding down volume down + power button and then plugging it into a usb cable (many people swear by this procedure: http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/312151-solved-nexus-4-wont-turn-charge-3.html).

It doesn't work for my nexus sadly. I just wanted to know if there is anyone out there who can also hear noises from their Nexus even though the screen is black. I heard the camera take a photo, I also heard a message come in. Then silence. It seems like the LCD is broken, if the sound is working...but then again, it's a brand new digitizer and this phone is very glitchy so I don't know what to believe.

I don't have a warranty on this phone anyway as my Aunt gave it to me second hand, as she now has another phone.
So I'm all ears on any advice,
Cheers.

abdel87

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm having the same problem, i have a black screen , and i can hear the sound of my Nexus 4 , i took a screenshot by holding power button and volume down button toghether , i heard a voice, seems the phone still working but nothing on the screen, it keeps black, i have followed all the instructions on this topic "[Solved] Nexus 4 won't turn on or charge " , nothing works for me , even on the bootloader menu the screen keeps blacking , i can see something on the screen but there's no brightness at all , i dont know what to do now ,please any advise ??? i hope you found a solution for this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress