Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Nexus 4 - black screen - red light flashing but can hear sounds.

I replaced the digitizer on my Nexus 4 and followed the directions with great care. Everything is connected and nothing is out of place. However when I go to switch on the phone - a red light flashes at the bottom. I tried holding down volume down + power button and then plugging it into a usb cable (many people swear by this procedure: [Solved] Nexus 4 won't turn on or charge).

It doesn't work for my nexus sadly. I just wanted to know if there is anyone out there who can also hear noises from their Nexus even though the screen is black. I heard the camera take a photo, I also heard a message come in. Then silence. It seems like the LCD is broken, if the sound is working...but then again, it's a brand new digitizer and this phone is very glitchy so I don't know what to believe.

I don't have a warranty on this phone anyway as my Aunt gave it to me second hand, as she now has another phone.
    So I'm all ears on any advice,
    Cheers.

Default Re: Nexus 4 - black screen - red light flashing but can hear sounds.

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, i have a black screen , and i can hear the sound of my Nexus 4 , i took a screenshot by holding power button and volume down button toghether , i heard a voice, seems the phone still working but nothing on the screen, it keeps black, i have followed all the instructions on this topic "[Solved] Nexus 4 won't turn on or charge " , nothing works for me , even on the bootloader menu the screen keeps blacking , i can see something on the screen but there's no brightness at all , i dont know what to do now ,please any advise ??? i hope you found a solution for this.