Moto G stuck in boot loop

A

AC Question

Hi all,

For the last couple of weeks my Moto G has been really unreliable, apps closing etc. I put it down to the fact a load of apps had updated but I hadn't updated Android. Last couple of days it had been better.

Just now it got stuck in what I have since found out is called a 'boot loop'. It shows the white Motorola boot screen and vibrates every now and then, then just reverts to a black (but lit) screen. I've tried rebooting into Recovery mode but that just gives me a black screen and I end up stuck back in said loop.

Any idea what I can do next? And if it is bricked is there any way I can pull my contacts etc off before I take it back to the shop?

Cheers

M

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a chance to select anything in recovery mode or does it turn off as soon as you get there?
In any case, did you have your contacts backed up or synced to your Google account?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

mattjones_17

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Cheers for the reply,

I thought I had my phone set to back up contacts to Google, but only a few (some of the first contacts I added on the phone) seem to be on my Google account, so I'm guessing I may have disabled that somehow down the line, maybe when fiddling with sync settings.

And yeah, I can select options in recovery but when I select recovery the loop just continues. Boot screen and vibration followed by a lit up but black screen, into infinity.

M

Last edited: