Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Sony Xperia U loses WiFi randomly; need to restart phone to get it working

Hello, I don't know if this issue has been addressed before, but recently my phone, which I've had for around 2 years now (Sony Xperia U) has recently encountered a problem where the phone has lost WiFi signal. I cannot toggle WiFi off and on through any of the settings, and the only way that I'm aware of to resume connectivity is to restart the phone completely. I've tried using other devices on the same WiFi connection, and they've worked perfectly. Furthermore, the problem is consistent on other WiFi networks, so it's not down to the router. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Global Posts
    6,397 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: Sony Xperia U loses WiFi randomly; need to restart phone to get it working

If you don't have a WiFi toggle you can use airplane mode.
    Anyway, did the phone get a recent update?
    Have you downloaded any app that might be causing this?

Did you check the WiFi settings?
    Sony Xperia U loses WiFi randomly; need to restart phone to get it working-1407155017323.jpg

Sent From Another Galaxy
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Default Re: Sony Xperia U loses WiFi randomly; need to restart phone to get it working

I guess I didn't explain properly. I can turn WiFi off through the settings, but the icon still remains up at the top. I can turn the little WiFi slider to the off position on the settings, but it still shows me the WiFi networks. If I go back to the menu, the slider reverts to the on position (Which it shouldn't), and the WiFi symbol is still present at the top of the phone, although I still cannot connect to the internet. I can turn airplane mode on, but the WiFi symbol still remains, next to the airplane symbol. The phone hasn't been updated recently (I'm using android 4.0.4), and I haven't downloaded any apps that might have affected connectivity. I have also had the "always on" setting on, like the in image

Global Posts
    6,397 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Since I'm not familiar with that phone it sounds weird to me.
    But let me try to enlist someone else in here.

Sent From The 5th Galaxy Inside The Time Vortex.
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

I have exactly the same trouble in a Xperia L device...