Using the Wifi data of one phone on the other

A

AC Question

Hi,

I have a Moto G handset and my friend too has the same. His handset is connected to a Wifi network and I want that we both use the Wifi data. Is it possible?

I tried tethering option but found out that as soon as he creates a hotspot for my handset, his Wifi data connection is disconnected and switched to normal 3G net, and I can only use his 3G net with tethering.

Is there a solution?

Regards

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello.
Using the hotspot facility on his phone means sharing his network mobile data with another device. It could be a very expensive addition to his bill if tethering is not included.

If you are not allowed log in access to that particular wifi, and he cannot pass that on to you, then there is no way around it.

If it is free WiFi of course, then there is no problem, but I suspect from your question it is not.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

abhi_android

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
It is WPA/WPA2 PSK protected Wifi network.

He wants to pass it to me, however he does not know the password (as our office admin guy had entered the password himself while connecting to the network)

Is there any app available in market via which this could be done??

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I personally don't see the harm for casual use but the security and administrators are there to protect from skilled hackers I guess - or just to stop people milling around for free WiFi. No joy I'm afraid without the key.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty