Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Battery Problem

AKamiKaziKat

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

I have had my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0 8 Inch since May 2014 and everything has been swimmingly until yesterday, when my 100% battery dropped to 17% to 7% right before my eyes, and then after a little research, 47% down to 6%, rebooted and it went back to 44%, but the battery dropped instantly to 20% or so.

I have Wifi on all the time, location/GPS off all the time, max power saving options on (limited processor and brightness) Half brightness (tried lowest & auto, but to no avail).

The device is not rooted, it is legitimate.

Bluetooth is always off as well

Solutions I tried
  • Clearing the cache
  • Using either charger from my phone and tablet
  • Scanned for malware etc...
  • Uninstalled several unconsuming applications, uninstalled facebook + messanger
  • Used Super Task Killer Free + Quick Settings
  • Unmounted and remove 16GB SD Card & restarted

The settings -> Battery show my screen constantly at 45-50% even at idle/use and refuses to go down, leading me to think this is the problem but I have no idea how to lower this.

Any other solutions? If my 0% to charge tactic solution I seen doesn't work I will end up contacting support/taking it to a shop to get it fixed.

Picture:
20140810_130526.jpg

Thanks.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You say you've cleared the cache....is that the App Cache or the System Cache? If the former, try a System Cache Partition wipe.

Posted via Android Central App

AKamiKaziKat

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
You say you've cleared the cache....is that the App Cache or the System Cache? If the former, try a System Cache Partition wipe.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks for the reply!

I went Settings -> Storage -> Cached Data -> Clear Cache.

Just tried wiping the System Cache Partition, I had 7% Battery before I did it, now I suddenly have 23% battery.

This suddenly dropped to 19% Battery however, and now down to 13% as I type this (I tried an app quickly to see if it still went down incredibly fast, didnt even do anything but open it.

The screen is at 44% battery usage still in the settings -> Battery

EDIT: Now on 9% by doing nothing

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply!

I went Settings -> Storage -> Cached Data -> Clear Cache.

Just tried wiping the System Cache Partition, I had 7% Battery before I did it, now I suddenly have 23% battery.

This suddenly dropped to 19% Battery however, and now down to 13% as I type this (I tried an app quickly to see if it still went down incredibly fast, didnt even do anything but open it.

The screen is at 44% battery usage still in the settings -> Battery

EDIT: Now on 9% by doing nothing

Give it a full charge and see what happens. Allow it to drop to about 35% (normal use) and post the screenshots of the battery stats.

AKamiKaziKat

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Now. Letting it drain is overall not great for the battery.

I charged to 100%, left for food and now had a little go on a game (Battlefield 4 commander mode) and the battery drain is from 100% to 92% (much slower drain, slower by miles) still drains quite fast but the game is battery drainer so no surprises.

However, I can view my battery going down 1% by 1% still so it still is worrying, any more solutions or is it the best i can get? the screen still takes 42%

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I charged to 100%, left for food and now had a little go on a game (Battlefield 4 commander mode) and the battery drain is from 100% to 92% (much slower drain, slower by miles) still drains quite fast but the game is battery drainer so no surprises.

However, I can view my battery going down 1% by 1% still so it still is worrying, any more solutions or is it the best i can get? the screen still takes 42%

The screen is almost always going to be the biggest battery draw. Especially if the game, like you mentioned, relies heavily on the CPU, and screen.

AKamiKaziKat

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I would just wait and see how this charge comes out.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Last night, the battery went down by 2% every minute, until it reached 0% and turned off. I turned it back on in which came up with 33% battery, however that went down all the way till 1% which it stayed there for a good 5 minutes. Afterwards, I decided to turn it on again, in which it was constantly on 1%, however I could use it for the next few hours and even survived until morning. I read somewhere about the battery needing to be re calibrated, is this possibly the problem?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Last night, the battery went down by 2% every minute, until it reached 0% and turned off. I turned it back on in which came up with 33% battery, however that went down all the way till 1% which it stayed there for a good 5 minutes. Afterwards, I decided to turn it on again, in which it was constantly on 1%, however I could use it for the next few hours and even survived until morning. I read somewhere about the battery needing to be re calibrated, is this possibly the problem?

I would try a reset, and clearing the cache in recovery.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87