Question Folders on my Galaxy Note 8 home screens.

Flyingmartini

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
Hi all. I'm not sure what happened to my home screens. I created a bunch of folders from web pages (recipes, web sites, etc) for future use and add individual web pagrs to my home screens. When I added sonething new I noticed that my folders dissapeared. I have played with the settings but nothing has worked. I have also Googled solutions but again, nothing has helped. I have restarted the phone and powered it off after playing with the settings. Still nothing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Were these shortcuts for Chrome, Samsung Internet, or another browser? And are you using the stock One UI launcher, or a 3rd party launcher like Nova?

I've read about this happening, and it might be related to when the browser or the launcher get a significant update. In general, it's better to keep your website shortcuts organized as bookmarks within the browser, rather than as homescreen shortcuts.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you never installed something like Nova Launcher, Microsoft Launcher, etc., then you're most likely using Samsung's One UI launcher (and since your phone wouldn't have gotten any recent updates given how old it is, it's unlikely that the launcher would've been updated).

I think what you're seeing is a quirk of Chrome (and probably of any other browser as well). You could try using Good Lock to backup your homescreen setup, in case this happens again. https://android.gadgethacks.com/how...reen-layout-icons-any-samsung-galaxy-0292830/

Flyingmartini

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
Thanks. I did start looking at the settings for the launcher. There is one that's disabled- no specific name. I think my phone is possessed. Most of the icons are missing from my 1st home page after I poured off & on my phone. I'm done trying to fix it for the night. Thanks for your help thus far!

Reactions: B. Diddy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000