Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Galaxy S3 (NOT a previous iPone user) won’t receive SMS or MMS messages from iPhone 4S

My friend recently got a hand-me-down Galaxy S3. He previously had a simple, non-smartphone. He never had an iPhone in the past and does not have an iCloud account or other Apple products. For the first week or so of having the new phone, I would text him from my 4S and it would work perfectly fine. Then, out of the blue, he stopped receiving my text messages. I would still receive his however.
    What is going on?? We have both reset our phones several times.

Default Re: Galaxy S3 (NOT a previous iPone user) won’t receive SMS or MMS messages from iPhone 4S

Does he receive texts from other people/phones- iPhone/Android/dumb phone?
    Do your texts not show up in his conversation? Or is it a matter of no notification on the S3 of new msgs from you, but they still show in the convo?

I assume you don't mean FACTORY reset. Hate to recommend it, but if he's new to smartphones (<a week), he probably hasn't customized it too much yet-- have him do a factory reset and see what happens