Where are my contacts (folder) Galaxy S3

A

AC Question

Hi,

Before selling my phone (and resetting everything), I copied everything from my phone Samsung Galaxy S3 to my laptop. I thought: ok, I don't have time for looking for important stuff, I copy everything and then I use only important things such as photos, contacts etc. Now, I went to the folder with all files from my previous file looking for contacts to update my contact list in a new phone (also android). And it's not there...or I don't know where it is. So far, I only have some of the old contacts that were stored on SIM. I don't have anything that was stored on my phone.

I guess it should be somewhere even if I haven't backed it, right? Is there a possibility to find it?

Thanks
PM

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Logging into your Gmail account on the new phone will sync all your Google contacts. Phone, Device and SIM contacts don't get synced. If you have any of those (SIM contacts stay on the SIM card, and can be copied by the carrier if you need to get a new SIM card for the new phone), some Contact apps will export a csv file, which you can import to Google Contacts (More/Import).

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Best way to backup contacts is to save them to your Google account as Gmail contacts. This is *highly* recommended.

You can also open Contacts and do:
Menu > Import/export > Export to storage > Export contacts? > OK
That exports contacts as a .vcf file. Save a copy of that file somewhere not on the phone in case of theft or loss of the phone.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non