Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Region Locking

I am thinking about getting a phone - probably the LG G3 - from an outlet that sells foreign versions with the same spec at a much cheaper price.

I understand that doing this with Samsung phones causes big problems if you then want to use the phone abroad with a local SIM, due to their region-locking.

Does this only apply to Samsung, or do other manufacturers engage in this as well? (i.e. is there any disadvantage to purchasing in this way if it is not a Samsung?)

Default Re: Region Locking

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I am thinking about getting a phone - probably the LG G3 - from an outlet that sells foreign versions with the same spec at a much cheaper price.

I understand that doing this with Samsung phones causes big problems if you then want to use the phone abroad with a local SIM, due to their region-locking.

Does this only apply to Samsung, or do other manufacturers engage in this as well? (i.e. is there any disadvantage to purchasing in this way if it is not a Samsung?)
    Are you sure they are not fake? Sounds suspicious to me

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5