Sd card problem on samsung tab 3

thatkid96

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I brought an sd card for my samsung tab 3 but it won't let me move my apps on to the sd card. I go to settings then applications and it doesn't give me an option it's just saids unstall it doesn't say move to sd card

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) Not all apps can be moved to the SD card. (It depends on how the app was written.)

2) Even some apps that can be moved can't be moved in their entirety. Some parts of the app remain in internal storage.

3) Even apps that can be completely moved to the SD card have to have a link in internal storage pointing to where they are in the SD card. Android looks for apps in internal storage.

Your problem would be #1, since an app that can be moved will have a "Move to SD card" button that's not grayed out, and if you fix that (by running equivalent apps that can be moved), you won't save as much space as you think you will.

(In the link belodion gives, the first method is outdated, the second one is nonsense, the third one moves files, not apps ... IOW, Yahoo Answers is its usual self - full of wrong answers.

The bottom line is to buy a device (phone, tab, whatever) that has enough storage for your current needs plus about 50%, and expect to replace it every 3 years or so. It's not like a computer (even a laptop), where you can just put in a larger hard drive. Maybe phones and tablets will eventually be made with replaceable storage and RAM, but I sincerely doubt it - the manufacturers stay in business by selling every customer a new phone every few years. (And the carriers use that as a way to keep you locked into their subsidized plans.) If phones were upgradeable, I'd still be using my 13 year old StarTac - it was about the best CDMA phone ever designed. (I still use my Motorola V551 from the same era when I need a rugged, throw-into-the-pocket way to make phone calls, that won't bankrupt me if it's lost or stolen.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty