Can't open Samsung Galaxy S3

A

AC Question

Hey guys
So today, my S3 randomly shut down and they it started just powering on and shut down at the galaxy logo. It just powered on itself continuously. After that, it stopped and I can't seem to be able to open it anymore. Can't recharge it. The only way I can get it to open is if I take out the battery and put it back, which boots it automatically, but it shuts down like 2 seconds later. I've tried going into recovery mode but it doesn't work cause it shuts down immediately after too. I've tried download mode but it goes onto that page and then shuts down a few seconds later. What can I do?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean open it or turn it on? Got a not confused by your title...
Anyway, I'd suggest charging the phone up for a couple of hours, and then pulling out for a few minutes. Then put it back in and see if you are able to get into recovery mode.
Worked for me a couple of times :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

SubtotaI

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean open it or turn it on? Got a not confused by your title...
Anyway, I'd suggest charging the phone up for a couple of hours, and then pulling out for a few minutes. Then put it back in and see if you are able to get into recovery mode.
Worked for me a couple of times :)

Oh my bad I meant turn on. Did it really charge for you though? Like did it have the light and all?
And it just powered on right now randomly. I guess when i tap on it, it can power on sometimes...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh my bad I meant turn on. Did it really charge for you though? Like did it have the light and all?
And it just powered on right now randomly. I guess when i tap on it, it can power on sometimes...

Yeah, I am sure the LED light was on. Did it boot up completely or just get to the logo and turn off again?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine doesn't turn on it doesn't really charge :(
And it got to the logo and turned off again but it got to the second logo once lol

Is there someone with the same phone that you can put the battery in to charge it up?
I'd still try doing a battery pull for a longer period of time, and seeing if that does anything.

SubtotaI

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Is there someone with the same phone that you can put the battery in to charge it up?
I'd still try doing a battery pull for a longer period of time, and seeing if that does anything.

Okay so I saw this video that just said to tap onto the power button a bit. It worked and now it powers on. Turns out the problem was the power button. It doesn't function correctly but it kinda works.
Thanks for the help! Was really appreciated! :)