Phone will not respond to anything

A

AC Question

So my phone will not respond to anything I do with it. I tried doing a recovery start, the plug in the charger then holding the home button and the down volume button, and I tried even getting to the download screen for it to turn on but got nothing. I plugged it up to my laptop and the laptop itself didn't even recognize the device. Is there anything else I can try to do to get some sort of response from it? If any of you guys know what possibly could be wrong with it then feel free to let me know. I am all out of ideas. Just trying to see if it's possible for me to fix before taking it somewhere.

Adam Place

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a galaxy s3. It won't let me go into recovery or download. I looked at the power button to see if it was bad and I couldn't exactly tell but then I tried other ways of turning the phone on (recovery and download mode) and neither would work. I had a phone repair place look at the battery and they said it was the phone and not the battery. And no it doesn't vibrate. It died on me last night and then that's the last time it worked. Never dropped it or have water damage.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. Did you ask if they could try anything while you were there? If it's not responding to anything at all, then it's likely a hardware issue that you'll have to repair. Did you ask them how much it would cost to fix?

Adam Place

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
they said for them to do anything to it it's 70 dollars. I figured if it was something small like a power button then I could fix that myself but now that's not the case. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but a couple days ago my phone just started downloading out of no where. Well then it froze so I had to turn it off. When I turned it back on it booted up like normal. Over about a week or so it has been very laggy and would turn itself off and wouldn't want to come back on. So I let it sit for about and hour or so and then I came home, plugged the charger in, and then it would boot up at like 40% battery.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
they said for them to do anything to it it's 70 dollars. I figured if it was something small like a power button then I could fix that myself but now that's not the case. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but a couple days ago my phone just started downloading out of no where. Well then it froze so I had to turn it off. When I turned it back on it booted up like normal. Over about a week or so it has been very laggy and would turn itself off and wouldn't want to come back on. So I let it sit for about and hour or so and then I came home, plugged the charger in, and then it would boot up at like 40% battery.

Hmm, don't think it has anything to do with malware. Even if that was the case, it still should be responding to you trying to boot up the device. $70 isn't too bad if they are going to repair it completely. Beats buying a new phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4