Verizon Data connection issue after root with LG G2VS980

A

AC Question

Rooted LG G2VS980 with Kingo Root and created data connection issue. No 4g connection at all. 3g in and out. Have tried all the data and 3/4g settings changes to no avail
Any help appreciated

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
Did you just root the device? Or did you flash a kernel/ROM as well? In any case, it's likely that one of the exploits broke functionality on your device since it was working fine in the past.

jeffrookie

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I used Kingo Root. yes Supersu is installed. I tried using esfile explorer to unroot but it will not work on my phone.

I also tried to unroot using the SUPERSU tool but that doesnt work either

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I used Kingo Root. yes Supersu is installed. I tried using esfile explorer to unroot but it will not work on my phone.

I also tried to unroot using the SUPERSU tool but that doesnt work either

What happens when you click full unroot from within SuperSU?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

jeffrookie

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
ok ,SUPERSU would not do it so I downloaded a app called "Universal Unroot" and that did the trick. phone is unrooted but still have the connection issue. BTW I tried another sim card also and no change

it toggles between 1g and 3g but never goes to 4g

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
ok ,SUPERSU would not do it so I downloaded a app called "Universal Unroot" and that did the trick. phone is unrooted but still have the connection issue. BTW I tried another sim card also and no change

it toggles between 1g and 3g but never goes to 4g

Hmm, maybe it's a carrier issue? Do you have access to another phone to test if those are connecting to 4G.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4