Visual feature missing after upgrades

SxP12

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Not long time ago I bought Sony Xperia cell phone and one of the coolest things was this awesome visual effect when I was locking the phone by pressing power button. It is basically the same effect as you get from turning off an old CRT TV.

After couple of days I started to upgrade everything I could from Android 4.1 to 4.3, Walkman, Album and Movies apps to the newest ones and before I knew, this cool visual effect was gone just like that. Didn’t even get the chance to say good bye... :smileysad: Now it just simply slowly fades out which is not nearly as cool as it was before.

I almost could swear that after upgrading Android OS this joy of life was still in my phone and it disappeared after upgrading those 3 apps, but I’m not 100 % sure, coz everything went too fast. It is possible that I simply didn’t pay attention to this change. Anyway, I tried to downgrade those apps, but that didn’t help mainly because those apps simply didn’t downgrade.

How can I get it back?

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That sort of thing is usually baked into the ROM. You could root the device and install Xposed Framework, but with Xposed, the module needed may not work properly.