significance of white padlock symbol on screen

A

AC Question

Hello, can anybody help, I have looked all over manuals internet youtube, etc in vain for answer
I have several Nexus 7 tablets, on some I notice when starting , Google appears in white text and a white padlock at bottom of screen, however on some the white padlock symbol does Not appear. ( this occurs during initial start as first indicator on screen)
Anybody know the significance (or otherwise) of the padlock symbol...

This is NOT the padlock to unlock that appears following boot sequence

Many Thanks Geoff

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Could you possibly post a screenshot or photograph of what you're seeing? Could it be that you're triggering the Google Now access from the lockscreen? If you tap the up-arrow caret symbol at the bottom of the lockscreen, you'll see the semicircular Google Now prompt come up--if you then swipe up to the Google logo at the top of that semicircle, it will ask you to unlock, then go straight to Google Now.

growler39

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Will post picture tomorrow,(need to find camera) ,
I dont think this is related to google now access as, this is displayed when I press power on, then google shows on screen, in white letters and 2 out of 5 tablets also show the small padlock at bottom of screen but dissappears when the next screen which is the 4 colour circles or 4 colour X depending on version of android,

thanks geoff
P.S thanks for the welcome, i have often browsed forums but this is my first post , geoff

growler39

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi again,
I just read your commennt re root, it had occured to me last night that 1 I know is rooted, but not sure re 2nd, but relooking at padlock I see it shows as Unlocked, so I guess if the device gets rooted then it shows the unlocked padlock ???

I need to browse forum to see how to determine when a device is rooted..(The one I know to be rooted showed on the AVG scan, also I cant update from 4.2 , it just saya unable to complete..)but tother one updated to 4.4.4 ok..
P.S. where does the post time come from, as its 14.12 here in UK ,is it US central time zone???
geoff

regards geoff aka growler39

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OllieFallon10