Screen turns on when I unplug phone

Thatlankyguy03

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Something that has begun to annoy me about my gs3 is that every time I unplug it, my screen turns on. If I want the screen on, I'll press the power button, I don't want it on automatically. I can't find a setting that would allow me to change it... Any ideas?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That feature may be baked into the ROM. Might have happened with an update. As for turning it off, the only thing I can think of is to root and install Xposed Framework, and even that might not work (I can't remember if there is a module for doing that).

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If you're referring to what happens after you pull the USB connector after you've finished charging, that's normal. All the phones I've had have done it. It's harmless because you can either turn off yourself, or let it turn itself off after the screen timeout period has elapsed...in my case, 1m. Have you got your screen set not to time out perhaps?

Oops posted same moment.

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you're not rooted and don't have a custom ROM installed, then that's standard behavior and there's no way to turn it off (I don't like it either, as well as the fact that when the battery is 100% charged, it will also turn the screen on, or when you're about to go below 5%, when you need to save battery the most, IT GOES ON TO POWER ON THE SCREEN!). So yeah, annoying, but the way it works. Like Golfdriver said, there might be ways to turn it off with a custom ROM or the Xposed thingy.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Both Golfdriver and I have forgotten to say, Welcome to the forums! Golfdriver is probably busy, I am just forgetful.

More same moment posting.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress