each time I put a icon 2 homescreen,When phon goes 2 sleep i wake it & shortcuts r gone

eddiebhoy

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
all I am doing is making shortcuts for apps I like I have on my phone and you know how the phone screen switches off and it goes into sleep mode and if you touch it the screen comes back on , well when I put screen back on the only shortcuts that are there is the ones that where on the phones screen to start with. How do I put shortcuts for apps and widgets on my home screen for them to be there even if phone goes to sleep and I put it back on again , and this goes for when I switch it off too.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What phone do you have? Do you have a custom launcher installed, or are you using the interface that the phone came with? Are you sure you're not just looking at the lockscreen rather than the homescreen? Widgets and shortcuts you place on the homescreen won't show up on the lockscreen, which is usually the first thing you see when you wake the phone up.

eddiebhoy

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
what I am meaning is , at first I am at the lock screen as n it will ask me to enter my security pin , then once I do that I am then on to the main screen with icons. It is the galaxy s4 , and I would then proceed to the apps shortcut on my screen then I see all apps and files etc I have , and I would hold down various apps and put them onto the main screen where I see the time and date etc along with other shortcuts that are there , and then when my phone has been idle to long it will go into sleep as normal , but when I touch the screen to wake it up the shortcuts I placed on the screen are gone , only to be left with the shortcuts that where always there.

eddiebhoy

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
On my s4 I swipe my phone as its in lock and then after that I am at my home screen where my shortcuts are like camera , settings etc etc and I put a few shortcuts there myself , but when my phone is idle for so long I wake it up from the display going away and the icons I put there for certan apps are gone , and I kept trying and trying and trying , putting shortcuts after shortcut on the screen and then to find when the phone goes to sleep they are gone , its the s4 glalxy , I would appreciate your advice on this B.Diddy , cheers m8

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Have you rooted your phone? Or have you installed a different launcher? Some setting needs to be changed on the launcher you are using so that it knows to save the icons you are putting on the home screen.

Have you installed anything from the play store or another site before this started happening?