LG G3 2G Signal question before I purchase

A

AC Question

I am about to buy a LG G3, but I see a lot of forums regarding poor signal quality.
I live in the country side, with an average 2G signal, indoor 2/3 bars etc., I sold my blackberry z10 which I had no problem with signal wise, and borrowed my brother's Nokia Lumia 920 just for this week, but I dont get any signal on the Lumia in my house or outside, having looked the internet, it has become my knowledge that the Lumia 920 also has signal issues, but after comparing specs between LG G3, Z10 and Lumia 920, it became apparent that the Z10 had 800Mhz frequency in addition to the LG G3 and Lumia 920's common 580, 900, 1800mhz etc... I'm sure you're thinking I'm being silly, but before spending a sum of money on a phone that has the same signal specs as one that doesn't work in your home, I'm sure anyone would want some sort of confirmation that the signal should work.
Any help or additional comments appreciated,
Thanks

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Far from thinking you're being silly, I think you're being wise to try to find out beforehand whether signal and device will get on well. As far as I know the 800mHz frequency that you mention is for 4G signals.
Of course the only way to find out for sure is to try...could you not persuade a G3 owner to visit your area?
Otherwise I don't know that it would be possible for anyone to predict with any great certainty whether you would be spending your money wisely.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non