Question I want to extract or copy ringtones from my Nokia Lumia 640 phone to Asus Zenfone 8

kleis

Jun 10, 2023
Visit site
In this research i tried Bluetooth method and both phones paired fine. I have file mgr it shows on Asus phone to receive but don't know how to actually copy or get tones copied off of
Lumia to the Zenfone's folder. I found one tone on an At&t site of some kind but it downloaded fine and am using as main phone ringer on the zenfone. Really want the notification text Lumia one from that (640) phone. And maybe others. I don't have phone updated and Microsoft let the phones go so i haven't used in few yrs. But one way or another, i'm
determined to get the tones back in usage anyway and would like to find recommends/ideas etc. appreciated.

kleis

Jun 10, 2023
Visit site
So you found what you were looking for?
Sorry for delayed reply; i found the tone i was searching for on Zedge. You're right on the idea of it may have it.
Well, that was on computer as it's much easier to get on the site to see how it would work then i try my phone. The thing is, I got discouraged pretty quickly when i couldn't navigate from the onset of Zedge on the phone. I tried everything to get to the menu to search and couldn't beat the offer to subscribe w/the continued ads and i pffffff this is definitely a site to subscribe if to make life easier. Another part to their policy, if you're using a tone and decide to chuck the program (or uninstall Zedge) then the tones go with it. I don't know if that's the same deal if you've paid for it. The other part of this ..saga-like, is the one tone i did download from an AT&T site, that a Buddy found, it's working as the main ringer on phone but it's low volumed. I saw and followed a guy's software that would greatly escalate the volume specifically built just happens to be for something to go with Zedge and full sound and speed ahead but it's kind of pricey like some of the anti-virus.'
So i'm still looking and meanwhile am going to try the pairing bluetooth method (again) of extracting from Lumia to Asus fone.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for delayed reply; i found the tone i was searching for on Zedge. You're right on the idea of it may have it.
Well, that was on computer as it's much easier to get on the site to see how it would work then i try my phone. The thing is, I got discouraged pretty quickly when i couldn't navigate from the onset of Zedge on the phone. I tried everything to get to the menu to search and couldn't beat the offer to subscribe w/the continued ads and i pffffff this is definitely a site to subscribe if to make life easier.
Ok, glad you found it! I agree, the Zedge site is much easier to navigate -- I usually recommend people use that rather than the app.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

kleis

Jun 10, 2023
Visit site
Ok, glad you found it! I agree, the Zedge site is much easier to navigate -- I usually recommend people use that rather than the app.
Hey, When you said not the app, i've read that before. You mean don't download the app, but get the tone that I want and hopefully that is, if i can get it. Because that's right or where i found outside of their app, i just punched in zedge and then the nokia, etc...and you can test them out just as on the app. So, then i don't have to download app. That's cool to know. I'll give that a try.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, in the past, what I did was go to the Zedge.net website, find the tone, right-click it, and see if I could download it from there. If I could, then I'd just transfer the downloaded mp3 file to my phone's Notifications or Ringtones directory (either via USB, or via Google Drive in the cloud). Once the mp3 file was there, the system would show it as an option.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

kleis

Jun 10, 2023
Visit site
Yeah, in the past, what I did was go to the Zedge.net website, find the tone, right-click it, and see if I could download it from there. If I could, then I'd just transfer the downloaded mp3 file to my phone's Notifications or Ringtones directory (either via USB, or via Google Drive in the cloud). Once the mp3 file was there, the system would show it as an option.
Well thanks for sharing your knowledge and it IS helpful**

paleolith

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
if you're using a tone and decide to chuck the program (or uninstall Zedge) then the tones go with it.

I did install the app, set up the trial subscription, found and downloaded the tones I wanted, cancelled, and uninstalled. I definitely agree that the app is overblown to the point of being cumbersome. Since I had seen this comment, I made backup copies of the tones I had downloaded before uninstalling, but the downloaded tones remained after the uninstall.

Possibly the key is the choice I made, which was the last in the menu -- I forget the wording (and as I write this, I already uninstalled the app) but it was basically just "save", not "use" in any form.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000