Samsung s4 odd battery drainage, overheating and non working SIM card
Okay, so ive had my Sansung s4 for about a year so far with no problems. although today, i charged my phone up to full battery, and after a couple hours it was working fine but all of the sudden the phone got extremely hot to were it would turn off. when i turned it back on i had realized it had drained my battery all the way from 75% to 10% in less than 30 minutes, i also noticed i couldnt get on the internet, call, text or have any connection at all. i restarted my phone multiple times with no help. i tried updating my phone to see if it would fix the problem, yet, it wouldnt update because it cant see the SIM card. any easy fixes? help is appreciated.
- 08-30-2014, 02:51 AM #2
Re: Samsung s4 odd battery drainage, overheating and non working SIM card
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support
Also try removing the SIM and reinserting it, to make sure it's fully seated. If you still can't make calls or get mobile data reception, I'd take the phone to your wireless store and ask for a replacement SIM.
- By JJJC1110 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 09-28-2014, 09:13 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-30-2014, 01:24 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-30-2014, 12:03 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2014, 11:58 PM
- By Spilled_Ink in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2014, 11:52 PM